Regular Admission: Application Deadlines Oct. 15 (early admission) and Jan. 8 (regular
Early Acceptance: Students interested in early admission/acceptance must have all application materials submitted between Aug. 15 and Oct. 15.
Step 1: Complete and submit a University of Arkansas Graduate School Application.
The Graduate School application can be completed online at the Graduate School's page "Degree Seeking Students."
Step 2: Complete and submit the program application for the Athletic Training Program.
The Athletic Training Program application can be completed online.
Qualified students will be granted conditional admission. They are required to have background checks and physical examinations for final admission to the program. The Office of Teacher Education offers background check details for out-of-state applicants. Arkansas applicants should refer to the in-state procedures statement and will find helpful a list of regional fingerprint facilities. The examining physician for each conditionally admitted applicant is to refer to the program's Technical Standards and complete a signature form.
Step 3: The following program ancillary items must be completed. Except for where noted in No. 2, submit proofs of completion — photocopies or digital copies are acceptable — to the program director:
Dr. Jeffrey A. Bonacci, DA, ATC
Athletic Training Program Director
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), (adult, child, and infant) and automated external defibrillator (AED) certificate. Training will take place during the first summer term for those who do not hold current certification at a cost of $65.
- Evidence of immunizations for mumps, measles and rubella. Applicants are required to email a digital copy of these immunization records to firstname.lastname@example.org at the Pat Walker Health Center. Also, evidence of hepatitis B immunization series or a waiver are to be sent to the program director.
- Evidence of a minimum of 150 hours of observation under the direct supervision of a BOC-certified athletic trainer (download observation documentation form).
- Three professional letters of recommendation (download letter of recommendation form).
- Unofficial copies of all current transcripts.
- Syllabi from prerequisite courses if applicant did not graduate from the University of Arkansas.
- Completed GRE score submitted to Graduate School admissions.